I believe that a balance between high performance and positive athlete experiences is possible, but only through effective leadership practices, mental toughness, and strong communities.
Research indicates that only 30% of people are born with innate personality traits that make them great leaders. My mission is to elevate the remaining 70% by developing community engaging leadership practices that build healthy dynamics resulting in peak performance. Through sharing my experiences, resources, and knowledge of current theories and research in leadership, I collaborate with clients to develop a winning culture within your team.
Programming for club swimmers, parents and coaches is geared towards developing their leadership voice and skills. Lessons are interactive, engaging, and fun.
Our season development program focuses on building the team’s culture from the inside out by empowering your current set of athletes to take ownership of their roles and leadership contribution to the team.
Add a new perspective on leadership to your athletic department, team, school, event, or conference.
Train the mental side of our sport with a two hour session of Sports Psychology and Leadership Development. We will focus on empowering athletes with tools for addressing individual and team challenges.
Toni Armstrong, MSEd is a Performance Leadership Consultant. She has coached high level club and college, earned her Masters in Experiential Education from Minnesota State Mankato, and has worked for both Outward Bound and The Stanford Leadership Institute at Stanford University. Her passion is in group dynamics, female empowerment, leadership and experiential educational.
Toni has worked with several teams in The Patriot League and NESCAC conferences as well as three of the top 10 finishers at the 2019 Swimming & Diving DIII NCAAs. Toni is currently the leadership expert for Loyola University’s Leadership Academy, and Kara Lynn Joyce’s LEAD Sports Summit.
Why hire a performance leadership consultant?
“The need for leadership development has never been more urgent. Companies of all sorts realize that to survive in today’s volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous environment, they need leadership skills and organizational capabilities different from those that helped them succeed in the past. There is also a growing recognition that leadership development should not be restricted to the few who are in or close to the C-suite. With the proliferation of collaborative problem-solving platforms and digital ‘adhocracies’ that emphasize individual initiatives, employees across the board are increasingly expected to make consequential decisions that align with corporate strategy and culture. It’s important, therefore, that they be equipped with the relevant technical, relational, and communication skills.”
-Harvard Business Review